Friday, February 5, 2010

Fishes of Palau


I'm blessed to be living so close to the water here in Palau. I'm amazed at how many great sites are located within paddling distance in a kayak from my house. Although I have a boat, gliding along the shallows in a kayak gives you so much more opportunities to see things. We found an old WWII site last weekend with a bunch of old motors and 55 gallon drums. It was so far back I probably would not have found it if I was in my boat. Another stop and I found a trail leading up to the top of one of the rock islands. I plan on exploring this more over the weekend. Best of all about kayaking is the cost. No paying for a bunch of gas for the boat. I am hoping to get the kids in the boat and make a 5 minute run to a landing where you can fish and snorkel and explore. I plan on dragging the kayaks behind the boat. Hopefully it will be nice.

No comments: