Saturday, February 20, 2010

Heart Scare


I guess it was bound to happen. After eating such an unhealthy diet and not really exercising, woke up Friday not feeling too good. Kind of felt some heaviness in my chest. Went to work and got dizzy and decided I better get to the doctor. After driving myself to the hospital and waiting an hour to see a doctor, they ran some tests, including an EKG. Good news is they said no heart attack. Bad news is my cholesterol was 248. Made me decide right then and there need to eat healthy and stop with all the fat in my diet. Dad ended up dying way too young and got kids that need me. So today was a bowl of oat meal. Went kayaking all day and packed a healthy lunch. Instead of chips, brought some dates and some Taro, which are good sources of carbs to help me during my paddle. Ended up leaving at 10:00 in the morning and paddled all day, stopping a few times in places to eat and have a drink and snorkel. Ended up getting back home at 4:30PM. Picked up the kids and went to Sams. Instead of something Fried, asked for some fish grilled without butter and oil. No problem, they cooked up some grilled wahoo that was great. Sam's by the way is one of the best places to go and have a cold drink and get some food. Right on the water to watch the sunset. The place is actually called Bottom Time Bar and Grill, which is also the home of the Yacht Club in Palau. Great food, great people and if you have kids like me they are very kid friendly. If you are visiting, check them out not only to eat, but if you want to dive/snorkel/kayak or just go on a tour. You can't go wrong with them.
The photo above was taken after paddling through the bay and almost out the other side. If you are planning to take photos here of landscapes, the one thing you want is a polarizing filter. It will make a huge difference and is a great investment. In fact, if I could only have one filter, it would be a Polarizer.

No comments: