Tuesday, December 9, 2008

American Samoa Marina


Someone was talking to me today about improvements that can be made in American Samoa. Lots of things come to mind. Certainly, taking steps to diversify our economy is paramount to the long term viability of American Samoa. Being in the Pacific for more than 15-years, I have to say that given our natural harbour here, the lack of some sort of marina just is amazing. It is basically non-existent which means if you can't trailer a boat, you are going to be hard pressed to moor a boat at the docks here. They really need to do something. That in turn could help spawn some sort of sport fishing development and maybe some diving. There is a lot potential in this area. The attached photo was taken from a helicopter. The helicopter has since been taken back to Hawaii due to lack of demand. I shot this with my 100-400 lens. The trick is to use a fast enough shutter speed. I was shotting at a minimum of 1/500th of a second.

No comments: