Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Vailima


Vailima is a really good beer made in Samoa. The Big bottles are also a lot stronger and will sneak up on you if not careful. It is almost like drinking two beers for every one. In this photo, a young lady is enjoying a big bottle at the beach. It was shot with a zoom lens, which compresses the image. That is why the kayaker in the background appears close. I used a wide aperture so that the background would be blurred out as much as possible. Would like to have shot at f2.8 to get the background totally blurred, but my 100-400 lens can't open up that much. I would love to get my hands on the Canon 400 f2.8. Anyone have $6 grand to donate to a poor photographer? Now, I am going to pop open a cold beer (one of many) and enjoy being one of the last people on earth to ring in the New Year. With no fireworks allowed in American Samoa and wanting to spend the evening with the kids, it will surely be a quiet one.

No comments: