Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I hate Windows Vista



You can now add me to the list of people that hate windows vista. I bought a new laptop recently and it of course came with windows vista. One of the reasons I bought it was so that I can bring it on photo shoots and tether my camera to it. This allows you to view your photos on the monitor instead of your tiny screen on the back of your camera and make adjustments to lighting (if you are shooting flash), exposure etc. to make sure you have a good photo before moving on. It is the greatest thing since sliced bread. EXCEPT, with windows Vista, I can't tether my canon 20d. There are no drivers for vista and canon ain't going to make one either. So I have now decided to run virtual PC on my computer which I will load with window XP (which of course I had to buy) so I can run some programs that don't work with Vista. That really sucks. I only hope after getting this loaded (the software arrives Friday) it will work. I'm going on a trip in January and really need this.

The photo to the left is from some performers from Guam. I go to Guam a couple times a year and it is a nice place. A little bit too touristy but that's ok.

No comments: