Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Church



American Samoa must have more churches on a per capital basis than anywhere else. Everywhere you look, there is a church. While driving home after a rather uneventful day looking for photographs, we decided to stop at a little store to get some food. I looked up and found this beautiful cloud formation. Knowing I had to photograph it, I knew there was a church a couple of hundred yards down the road. I got in my car and drove to the church, which luckily had no cars parked in front. Knowing that the dynamic range (the difference between the brights/darks) would be too much, I set my camera on a tripod and shot a series of photos at different exposures. Back at the house I combined all the exposures into a HDR (High Dynamic Range) photo, using Photomatix (a program you can buy to help with HDR photos). I liked the way this photo came out. The moral of the story is you never know when a photo opportunity will present itself so be on the lookout.

No comments: