Friday, October 17, 2008

Get In Close

Okay, continuing my day at Nuuuli waterfall. I have my photo of the waterfall. I then walked downstream and got a photo of the smaller stream. But you can look even closer to see what you might be able to find. Here was a single leaf stuck on a rock, with the water flowing around it. I wanted a slow shutter speed to slow the water around the leaf. I think this is a 25 second exposure. Did it turn out how I thought (nope). Do I like it (Yes). When I opened in photoshop (raw) I took the blacks up to make the water dark. Few clicks in curves etc. and I have a photo that I think is unique. So don't be afraid to play around with some closeups. As a side note I have a bunch of photos from that day I don't like at all. I use digital and although I try to make every photo a keeper, I experiment. I also bracket my exposures quite often. This leaf photo was taken at a number of shutter speeds, from 1 second to 30 seconds. My kids think I'm crazy but that is how you get some unique photos.

I hope your enjoyed this synopsis on my day at the waterfall. Had the kids with me but still think I was able to get some nice photos. Please leave a comment if you liked this. Next I will talk about some motion/pan photos. Until then, keep shooting.

No comments: