Sunday, October 26, 2008

Important things


After missing the Tattoo festival in American Samoa last year, I was looking forward to spending a day photographing this event. But as luck would have it, the kids announced that their annual Halloween Party would be on the same day. Although I love photography and was looking forward to this event, my kids will always come first. Luckily, it looked like the event would start at 10:00AM and the party for the kids wasn't until later in the afternoon. Arriving at 10:00 it was soon apparent it was not going to start on time. So I blazed down to a sewing shop to pick up one of my kids costumes and then went back at 12:40PM. Still not really starting. It ended up with the show starting at about 2:00PM, which meant I would only have 1-hour before I had to leave. Ended up with a couple of photos before I had to pack up. But you know what, the kids had a great time at the Halloween Party and the smiles on their faces are just too important. Tomorrow the tattoo festival continues so maybe I will have better luck then.
The photo above was taken on Friday. Right after work I went home, grabbed the kids (they had a day off) and headed towards the beach Arrived in time for a nice Sunset and I really like this photo of a SeaScape that I captured. Setup was simple. Find the spot I liked and set up the camera with some GND filters. As the sunset arrived, took a bunch of photos, bracketing and watching my histogram. This was the one I liked. There is some vignetting on the top corners but I actually liked it so did not try to work that in Photoshop.

No comments: