Monday, October 27, 2008

Tisa's Tattoo Festival



Tisa's barefoot Bar is one of the best spots in American Samoa to relax and have a cold beer. They hosted the Annual Tattoo Festival and it was great. Although I missed the first day (see prior post) and was really disappointed, I was happy to attend the second day. Great People, cold beer and yes Tattoo's were about. Now This is more than just a Tattoo event. It is a celebration of traditional Samoan Tattooing. This traditional art form is being revived, in part due to the efforts of Tisa and her Husband. They are true Pioneer's in the preservation of the Samoan Cultural in American Samoa. So, although I have some wonderful photos I hope to post over the next week or so, I wanted to start off with a photo of Tisa from the Tattoo Festival. But, after a full day of enjoying the cold Vailima Beer (watch the big bottles folks, they sneak up on you) I am ready to sleep. GOOD NIGHT.

No comments: