Thursday, October 30, 2008

A Different Perspective


I'm always goofing around looking to try things to put a unique perspective on my photos. One of the neat attachments I have for my camera is a bogen Magic Arm with a bogen super clamp (you can google to see photos of this). It allows you to attach your camera to things like bikes or even broom in this case. I attached the camera to the broom using a wide angle lens and set the focus manually. Then using the timer on the camera and a slow shutter speed, I did some sweeps of the broom until I got something I liked. In this case I used 1/8 second. This photo (with the exception of normal adjustments in photoshop) was done in camera. The blur was created by using a slow shutter speed and the broom is kept in focus as the camera was attached to the handle of the broom. Ended up liking this photo in black and white the best. So if you have some money to spare, this attachment is neat and allows you to do some creative things.

No comments: