Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Close/Closer/Closeup

It is amazing at how much more details you see when you eliminate the unnecessary. Take the first photo. Wonderful Tattoo. But it wasn't until I zoomed in (last photo) that I could see the intricate details of the tattoo. One of the first things I learned as I went through various websites as a new photographer was simplify and eliminate distractions. This draws people to what is important in your images. There are a number of ways to accomplish that. But first, determine what you are trying to accomplish with your photo then eliminate distractions. For outdoor photos, I love to use a long lens to achieve a shallow depth of field and a close crop. Not everyone likes that but since this is what I enjoy, I photograph that way. So enjoy some more photos from the festival.



































































No comments: