It is amazing at how much more details you see when you eliminate the unnecessary. Take the first photo. Wonderful Tattoo. But it wasn't until I zoomed in (last photo) that I could see the intricate details of the tattoo. One of the first things I learned as I went through various websites as a new photographer was simplify and eliminate distractions. This draws people to what is important in your images. There are a number of ways to accomplish that. But first, determine what you are trying to accomplish with your photo then eliminate distractions. For outdoor photos, I love to use a long lens to achieve a shallow depth of field and a close crop. Not everyone likes that but since this is what I enjoy, I photograph that way. So enjoy some more photos from the festival.
For nineteen years, Strobist has been about light. This post is about the
other thing, the bigger thing, the thing that took me forty years and ten
thous...




No comments:
Post a Comment