Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Hula


Normally I like when people are making eye contact with the camera. But some photos work well without the eye contact. The photo on the left has no eye contact, yet I really liked the photo as it really conveys her happiness and being lost in the moment. I used focal point to add some blur around her and draw attention to where I wanted to. Of course, this was taken at night and I had to use a high ISO, despite the lights. If you can't get a fast enough shutter speed, Anticipate a moment when dancers are not moving as fast and then shoot. I hope you enjoy this photo.
Thanks to Mike Wong of onOne software for the nice comments about my Samoan black and white photo I previously posted. I use and recommend a number of their products, including focalpoint, genuine fractals, mask pro (which is so easy to use to cut out backgrounds etc.) and photo tools. I'm not going to lie, the software isn't cheap, but it is well worth the price and I was never disappointed. The amount of time I have saved using their products and some of the results have made the investment well worth it. check out the blog at http://www.ononesoftware.com/blog/ to see more.

No comments: