Monday, November 24, 2008

Zoom


I was driving around looking for photos without much luck. Stopped on the side of the road on the end of the island to drink a diet coke and look around. Decided to try something different. I set my camera on my tripod with my 17-85 zoom lens. Used a slower shutter speed and just zoomed the lens from 17-85 during the exposure. The results are very unpredictable. I like this photo (almost looks like a painting to me) and actually have it hanging on my wall. People are intrigued. Some like it and some hate it, but it is a subject of conversation. I added a frame around it in photoshop. But, the rest of the photo is almost straight out of the camera. So if you want to try something different, try to zoom. I have seen some nice photos using this technique on flowers or leaves in the fall (no change of seasons here in American Samoa).

No comments: